Sunday, May 5, 2013

Observations from the NRA convention

As expected, it was very crowded in the convention hall. I didn't see any protesters on my way in, but when I was leaving, I did see one lady with a 'Moms Demand Action' sign under her arm. She was apparently also leaving.

While wandering the aisles, I didn't see anything that jumped out and screamed 'Buy Me!!!'. This may be because I was trying to see everything, and didn't stay too long at any one booth.

Some of the AR parts vendors I talked to noted that supply seems to be catching up with demand, and  that we should start seeing better availability and lower prices soon.

I stopped by the Sierra bullets booth, and asked the rep there how the supply situation was working. He said they are running three shifts, six days a week, and the bullets seem to be evaporating as soon as they leave the factory. He also said that they are concentrating production on the highest demand items, he didn't know when production would be resumed on less  popular items. (Darn it, I need more 174 gr .311" MatchKings for my Enfields.)

I'll have some pictures to post later when I get them organized.

No comments: